1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Looking for a new car? Please don't make the same mistake I did!!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Rockey, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Rockey

Rockey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Ohio
    I just had to do it. I was tired of driving half beaten F150's for the past few years so I got an itch and went out and bought me one of these:

[​IMG]

Ever since Ive been nothing but but speeding all over. Ive already got a speeding ticket. My insurance doubled (before the ticket). I fill the tank up atleast every other day. I'm hardly home. I forget what my kids look like. I just found out I can expect to get 10k miles on the tires before they need to be replace to the tune of $500 a tire. The suprcharger went out - thank god for warranties. I cant get any work done. I dont sleep at night and Ive gained 15 pounds.

I quickly realized this was the biggest mistake of my life! Hell I coulda got the wagon model and been scroungin the whole time. Waaaaaheeehehehh

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Heres something for ya, theres plenty of cars, vans, suv's, and trucks....but theres only one jeep. [​IMG]
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    No sympathy. In 1995 I got tired of the 2.8 liter S-10 Blazer and bought the 454 Suburban. Gas stations send me Christmas cards. And the tires are a house payment.

BTW: Good to see you back.
  4. Rockey

Rockey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks BB, its good to be back where people understand me. Heck over on the caddy forums everyone thought I was joking when I kept asking how much firewood I could get in the back of it. You know these things dont even have real wood grain trim for fire starting. What a world we live in.
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Understanding you Rockey requires copious quantities of controlled substances.

BTW: Nice pimpmobile. :lol:
  6. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    "Looking for a new car? Please don’t make the same mistake I did!!"

Trust me, Rockey, I won't...but thanks for the heads up. :p
  7. nate379

nate379 Guest

Mine's bigger... hehehehe

[​IMG]

8. Rockey

Rockey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Ohio
    You boys treat me like i was bonafide blood.
  9. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Fellow jeeper......don't get me started...... [​IMG] :)
  10. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Nate . . . you part of any of the Jeep Clubs? My brother in law Jon is running a CJ (cannot remember if it is a 5 or 7) and belongs to a Jeep club . . . he sent me a video of some mud runs they were doing last summer . . . and some footage of him four wheeling in the woods . . . looked incredibly beautiful.

Great photo by the way . . . . where was this taken?
  11. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Ha ha! I had complained about how I could only fit so big of a tote in my old Saturn for carrying manure from the farm down the road (has since been developed...). A buddy from Louisiana called me a fancy city boy for not just filling the trunk.
  12. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    That's great Rocky. We thought about the wagon but then, we've looked at several different ones. We do like the Buick Enclave a lot too. However, in the end we'll probably buy something that gets as good of gas mileage as possible but still a decent size. My problem is getting in and out of cars. Most are too low and now with most making the windshield really slant backwards it becomes even more difficult to get in and out. Danged bad backs make for some interesting situations.

I too will welcome you back. Been wondering what happened to you. Now we know. You are on the road instead of stoking fires.
  13. mayhem

mayhem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Peru, MA
    I've wanted a CTS-V 6 speed wagon since I first laid eyes on one. Its darn near the perfect car!
  14. nate379

nate379 Guest

Hatcher Pass at the entrance to an old gold mine shaft. The old processing plant you can see in the background. Was abandoned in the 80s as I understand.

I do my own exploring with a few friends. Don't really have time to be in a club, I work odd hours so never could get to a meeting and also mostly don't like the politics.... better to just gas up, head out with camping gear and enjoy life.

15. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I think I've been there . . . Hatcher Pass that is . . . is that where the Independence Mine is? A lot of folks sled . . . mean snowmachine there, right? Cool place.
  16. nate379

nate379 Guest

Yup. Sled/Snowmobile. I don't call them "snowmachine" no idea where that came from, but to me a snowmachine is a machine that makes snow.
  17. SolarAndWood

SolarAndWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Syracuse NY
    Nice sled. Quick release for the trunk lid and a 5th wheel mount on the floor of the trunk should do the trick for you.