looking for a source of Biobricks in Washington

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevec77

Dec 4, 2010
Central Cascade Mountains
I've spent several enjoyable hours reviewing information about fuels, comparisons, practices, and prices. Very grateful to all who ask and answer. I've learned a lot. I just want to confirm the following:

I have to order Bio bricks from the manufacturer back east. There are no local suppliers. Correct?

Will they ship partial quantities or do I need to order a pallet (s) or something?

It appears that Homefires makes a darn near comparable product and it is fairly local. Correct?

Thanks in advance.

stevec77 said:
I've spent several enjoyable hours reviewing information about fuels, comparisons, practices, and prices. Very grateful to all who ask and answer. I've learned a lot. I just want to confirm the following:

I have to order Bio bricks from the manufacturer back east. There are no local suppliers. Correct?

Will they ship partial quantities or do I need to order a pallet (s) or something?

It appears that Homefires makes a darn near comparable product and it is fairly local. Correct?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.homefirelogs.com/

You need to contact the suppliers to find out what they will and will not do.

Bio bricks is but one name for compressed wood to burn in a wood stove.

I think you'll likely find some manufacturers in most parts of the country with good stands of timber and logging operations makes a similar or equivalent product.

Look up Atlas Pellets on the web. I live in Spokane and the Atlas plant a few miles away makes bricks. There are also small logs put out by Idaho Energy Logs all around here too.

Thanks for the information on Atlas bricks. I've emailed them for information. Have you compared their product to Bio bricks? Do you know of any reports or threads on this site reviewing them specifically?

I bought pellets at the Atlas plant and remember seeing their bricks. Haven't used them.

If there are any reviews of Bio Bricks they are likely to be in the Hearth Room where the folks that insert trees into their dragons usually chat. You can use the forums search system.

Thanks Pyro, I'll look there.

I see that you are from Standish Maine. I grew up in Westbrook. Small world, huh? An old high school buddy of mine, Marc Senechal, lives in Standish, or did the last time I checked. Do you know him?

Status
Not open for further replies.