Looking for an orifice kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings

My father gave me a Jotul DV45 Spirit fireplace insert. He was using in his home, and had it set up for LP gas. I want to use it in my house, and have Natural Gas. I am having problems finding a orifice changeover kit.
Can anybody help me out with this.

Thanks

Pateoboy

Pateoboy said:
Greetings

My father gave me a Jotul DV45 Spirit fireplace insert. He was using in his home, and had it set up for LP gas. I want to use it in my house, and have Natural Gas. I am having problems finding a orifice changeover kit.
Can anybody help me out with this.

Thanks

Pateoboy

You should find a Jotul dealer in your area to see if the kits are still available.
Some of the older gas valves aren't manufactured anymore & parts for
them are almost non-existant. The other problem is that everything from
Jotul - at least NOW - comes as an NG burner & has the LP conversion kit
shipped with the appliance. Those that HAVE been converted to LP are generally
not re-converted back to NG & there are some parts from the NG kit that, once
removed, cannot be re-used. Have the model & serial number of the unit available
when you contact the dealer, as Jotul sometimes changes components during the
manufacturing process & the only way to determine what parts go in what unit depend
upon the serial number...

Status
Not open for further replies.