1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Looking for an orifice kit

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by Patrick Lovette, Jan 10, 2012.

  1. Patrick Lovette

    Patrick Lovette New Member

    Jan 7, 2012
    Johnstown PA

    My father gave me a Jotul DV45 Spirit fireplace insert. He was using in his home, and had it set up for LP gas. I want to use it in my house, and have Natural Gas. I am having problems finding a orifice changeover kit.
    Can anybody help me out with this.



    Helpful Sponsor Ads!

  2. JustWood

    JustWood Minister of Fire

    Aug 14, 2007
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Any HVAC shop should be able to get you one.
    Possibly a propane supplier might have one. When someone switches to propane from NG they usually swap them out.
  3. DAKSY

    DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

    Dec 2, 2008
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    You should find a Jotul dealer in your area to see if the kits are still available.
    Some of the older gas valves aren't manufactured anymore & parts for
    them are almost non-existant. The other problem is that everything from
    Jotul - at least NOW - comes as an NG burner & has the LP conversion kit
    shipped with the appliance. Those that HAVE been converted to LP are generally
    not re-converted back to NG & there are some parts from the NG kit that, once
    removed, cannot be re-used. Have the model & serial number of the unit available
    when you contact the dealer, as Jotul sometimes changes components during the
    manufacturing process & the only way to determine what parts go in what unit depend
    upon the serial number...

Share This Page