Looking for custom knife scale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SlyFerret

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 12, 2007
Delaware, Ohio
Howdy!
Kind of a long shot, but since lots of folks here are the type that love tools and equipment and also know others who love tools and equipment, I figured someone might be able to put me in touch with a knife maker that would do small side jobs.

I have a Spyderco knife that my dad gave me for Christmas a number of years ago. It isn't a fancy knife, but I like it, and it's special to me because it was a gift. I would like to customize it by replacing the stock scales with some custom Buckeye Burl scales. The idea is for the scales to match the custom handles on my EDC gun and a nice wooden pen that I have.

Anyone know of a knife maker that I could talk to that might be interested in taking on a small job like this?

-SF