1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

looking for info on a tarm that was modified for wood chips

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by leaddog, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leaddog

leaddog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hesperia, Michigan
    Last winter when I was looking up info on gasifiers I ran into a site that had info on a Tarm that a guy had modified to burn wood chips. It had pic of the delivery and burning set up. It showed how he had modified the door etc. I failed to bookmark it and I've been looking ever since. Has anyone else seen it? I would love to go back now that I have more knowledge so I could learn more.
    Leaddog

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jim Post

Jim Post Member

Loc:
    Southern WI
    Here is a wood chip burner that I had saved in my bookmarks....not sure if it is the one.

http://www.sredmond.com/vthr_index.htm

On woodheat.org there was a tarm set up discussed in April 2005.... I searched on "tarm wood chips" and got some hits for message threads.

Here is the link to the docs on woodheat. org http://groups.yahoo.com/group/woodheat/message/6239

I found a word document that discusses modifications to the chip burning set up but I haven't found the original article yet.

Let me know and I can email you the word file that I have.
  3. leaddog

leaddog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hesperia, Michigan
    Thanks, That link on woodheat.org sounds like the setup. I sent you a pm.
    leaddog
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.