looking for information and or pictures of greenwood or seton wood boilers

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by dirtman, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtman

dirtman
    Expand Collapse

Loc:
    South Jersey
    Thinking of building one, any pictures or information would be helpful

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson
    Expand Collapse
    Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Welcome to the Boiler Room, dirtman. There's a couple of threads around here showing the guts and inner workings of both, I believe. There's also a thread showing the assembly of a Greenfire, which is pretty similar. I'm sure one of our many Greenwood owners will check in shortly with some suggestions and observations.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. antknee2

antknee2
    Expand Collapse

Loc:
    NY
    If your interested in building a Seton boiler I recommend calling Fred Seton directly he sells the plans and is extremely helpful if you call him with a question or a problem . Anthony

http://www.rohor.com/page7.html

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. ISeeDeadBTUs

ISeeDeadBTUs
    Expand Collapse

I purchased my GreenWood all assembled. I don't know if you can buy the parts and build it yourself. I doubt it.

A couple of things to consider:

Anthony can fill you in much better than I on this, but I think the Seton combustion chamber is multi-piece. The Seton also has an ash pan.

There is a gentleman here that built a GreenFire from parts, and it sounds like he is very happy with his unit too.

If customer service is at all important to you, I suspect both companies mentioned above are better than GW :smirk:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.