1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

looking for information and or pictures of greenwood or seton wood boilers

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by dirtman, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtman

dirtman New Member

Loc:
    South Jersey
    Thinking of building one, any pictures or information would be helpful

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Welcome to the Boiler Room, dirtman. There's a couple of threads around here showing the guts and inner workings of both, I believe. There's also a thread showing the assembly of a Greenfire, which is pretty similar. I'm sure one of our many Greenwood owners will check in shortly with some suggestions and observations.
  3. antknee2

antknee2 New Member

Loc:
    NY
    If your interested in building a Seton boiler I recommend calling Fred Seton directly he sells the plans and is extremely helpful if you call him with a question or a problem . Anthony

http://www.rohor.com/page7.html
  4. ISeeDeadBTUs

ISeeDeadBTUs Guest

I purchased my GreenWood all assembled. I don't know if you can buy the parts and build it yourself. I doubt it.

A couple of things to consider:

Anthony can fill you in much better than I on this, but I think the Seton combustion chamber is multi-piece. The Seton also has an ash pan.

There is a gentleman here that built a GreenFire from parts, and it sounds like he is very happy with his unit too.

If customer service is at all important to you, I suspect both companies mentioned above are better than GW :smirk:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.