Looking for opinions on Sierra 5300 Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
I informed my brother in law of the wealth of knowledge amongst the members here and that there is no lack of opinions. He is currently considering a Sierra 5300 insert. Has anyone had experience with this stove? Positive? Negative? Just curious about performance, maintenance and any other concerns/warnings/praises.

decent stove for very small zc fireplaces or small rooms

i dislike the primary air inlet location- at back of firebox where ash will easily cover/clog it

otherwise pretty solid stove

decent stove for very small zc fireplaces or small rooms

i dislike the primary air inlet location- at back of firebox where ash will easily cover/clog it

otherwise pretty solid stove
Thanks for the feedback.

Square footage heated is not the issue, very small firebox is. Just want to know what people think of the stove.

I don't recall ever seeing anybody pass through here that owned a Cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.