Looking for Recommendations for VoIP Phone Service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gfreek

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 5, 2010
WNYS
VoIP, Voice over Internet Protocol, for phone service.. Finally have high speed internet and am looking to get rid of my land line phone. Need a backup due to spotty cell phone service where I live.. So if anyone has that type of service, ie Vonage, let me know. Thanks..

VoIP, Voice over Internet Protocol, for phone service.. Finally have high speed internet and am looking to get rid of my land line phone. Need a backup due to spotty cell phone service where I live.. So if anyone has that type of service, ie Vonage, let me know. Thanks..
If you have a smart phone most of them support HD voice calls, This is using your home Wireless (WI-FI) to make and receive calls. This works great when you have a spotty cellular service. You may have to search on how to enable it on you phone.

If you have a smart phone most of them support HD voice calls, This is using your home Wireless (WI-FI) to make and receive calls. This works great when you have a spotty cellular service. You may have to search on how to enable it on you phone.
thanks for that , something I did not know and just activated it.. Verizon is hesitant to maintain their "copper" land lines anymore..

I use Ooma.

If you still want a “land” line as a backup, even with the wifi calling, I’ve been happy with voip.ms. Costs me about $30/year. (Small monthly fees for the #, e911 service, and a fraction of a cent per minute of call time.)