Looking for reviews of the Hi-Flame HF737U Stallion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Awooocoyote

Feb 18, 2019
Florida
Hey all-

This is my first post!

So i grew up around stoves, have had many, both cast iron, and plate steel. But, I've never had to buy my own for my own new house. Exciting! At the same time, I'm from New England and relied on a stove to keep us truly warm and safe during very cold winters. I live in North Florida now, where it does definitely get cold and humid in the winter and we certainly need heat for a 4 month period of time more or less.

I'm interested in the Hi-Flame Stallion.
https://www.hiflame-stove.com/wood-...iflame-large-size-cast-iron-wood-burning.html
It's a fraction of the price and my gut tells me that a chinese stove that is sold on Amazon (with free shipping!) cannot be of any quality. There are very few reviews online but the ones that I'm reading make me think that this might not be a piece of crap after all.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQ5W4PV/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Does anyone have any experience with these? They certainly look beautiful, like my old Vermont Castings, and for here in FL where it usually doesn't drop below 30 and I have a heat pump would this work?

I would love to be able to afford a high end American made stove, but this is an awfully good price.

Appreciate the input any of you might have.

-Jeff

You can get a bigger stove with a zillion glowing reviews for much less even without a sale (and the sales are in progress).

Those two reviews on amazon look compensated to me. They both gush about the stove and (oddly) the ltl carrier that dropped it off. One dude is named snake_vs_raiden and 100% of his other reviews are about PS3 video games. The other guy reviewed a medical mobility scooter and a new 500# woodstove on the same day. I don't know about you, but both of those being real reviews sounds pretty unlikely to me.

They are also from people who claim to have just recieved the stove, so even if they're honest, they don't have much data.

I'm all in favor of you buying a Stallion and writing a review, but I personally wouldn't consider buying one, and I wouldn't take any advice from those two particular amazon reviews.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink