1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Looking for seasoned wood in nh

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by I <3 nh, Feb 9, 2013.

1. I <3 nh

I <3 nh New Member

I am new to the forum and hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. This is my second year burning wood and I underestimated how much I would need. I am just about out of what I have and was wondering if anyone was either selling or knew someone who was selling FULLY SEASONED cord wood. I have gotten ripped off already a couple of times (wet wood, not full cords) and need someone reliable. Obviously Craigslist doesn't work and if I can't find someone ill have to buy oil (vs getting screwed) which is obviously the last thing I want to do. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could provide me with some info.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Paulywalnut

Paulywalnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    Welcome. I only know in my area as well as most other areas on the east coast
    You cant get seasoned wood delivered in February. You might be able to obtain some
    Kiln dried firewood at a real premium price. Pallets from warehouses and factories
    burn real good and very hot. Usually free or minimal price. Couple of ideas for you. Hope
    you can stay warm.
  3. peakbagger

peakbagger Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern NH
    Bio bricks may be the best of many bad options. Sometimes the north conway area have dealers that sell the dry stuff for ski lodges but usually the price per cord is higher than oil.
  4. Vande

Vande Member

Loc:
    Northern NH
    where are you in NH?, I may have some leads for you depending on where you are.