Looking for the best match for my large room - wood stove with high efficiency...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Which one should I get?

• Woodstock Soapstone Hybrid

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Lopi Cape Cod

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BlazeKing

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Boston 1700

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been the F600 CB Firelight non-cat every since the model change from the F12 Firelight cat stove. Just like the F3 CB was the successor to the Jotul 3.

Good to know. Thanks.

I reserved a Progressive Hybrid by the way. But I do want to try to see one.

A local dealer told me they are getting a "soapstone" stove, and I wonder if that is the one he meant.

Progress Hybrids are not sold through dealers. If it is for the showroom floor he probably meant a Hearthstone stove. Take a trip up to Woodstock in West Lebanon, NH. They'll give you a tour and let you pick out the stone.

For the 6 inch stainless - am I supposed to get normal stainless and put insulation around certain spots like the top and bottom, or am I supposed to get insulated stainless pipe? Or both?

Is 304 ok for wood or do I want 316?

I will get a professional to do it, but I want to know what I should want.

Last edited:
I'm new to this as well but, as I understand it, a fully insulated pipe is important when it's an exterior chimney but it's preferable either way.

For the 6 inch stainless - am I supposed to get normal stainless and put insulation around certain spots like the top and bottom, or am I supposed to get insulated stainless pipe? Or both?

Is 304 ok for wood or do I want 316?

I will get a professional to do it, but I want to know what I should want.

You need to know what kind of flue you have currently in there to figure out what you will need. Get a pro to sweep it and discuss installation of a liner with him: http://www.csia.org/search

NG prices jumping already. Seems all that excess gas got sucked up by Power plants,coldest, longest winter in recent memory and temp low prices. New Taxes on fracking in the works as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.