Looking out the kitchen window

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
I got up really late this morning. My wife said I missed the two fawns that pass through here quite often. Looking out the kitchen window I had to tell her that I did not miss them as they are right there.

Fawns-12-28-10a.gif

Fawns-12-28-10b.gif

Sav, that is one of the things I like the most about living in the woods (the animals) nice pictures.

zap

Couldn't agree with you more Zap. We love it in the woods and love our animals. As you can probably tell from the pictures my wife also loves the birds and feeds them well.

Backwoods,
Great Pics! You are Blessed!

Is it normal for there to be fawns this time of year?

Seems like they should be around in the spring....??

Cool pictures, hope they make it through alright.

Nice cardinals, wish we had them out here. Sorry about those big rats lurking in the bushes, we have them too.

Cool Dennis

Thats a great show ya have there!!!

Billy

double j said:
Is it normal for there to be fawns this time of year?

Seems like they should be around in the spring....??

Cool pictures, hope they make it through alright.

Well, it does take some time for the fawns to grow and you can easily tell the difference between a fawn and a year or 2 year old doe. Just look at the nose length is one sure way. That is why I can never understand why folks shoot button bucks. They won't admit they shot a fawn, but that is exactly what a button buck is; he is still this year's fawn.

On the sad side, I fear both of them got shot last week. We have not seen them since taking those pictures and that is not normal. But our dnr is doing everything they can to ruin the deer herd so they let people shoot anterless deer up to Jan. 1. That along with early season and block permits has really reduced the herd around here. It is common now for folks, even me, to sit all day and not see even one deer. We are usually blessed with deer coming close to the house but suddenly that is not happening.

BeGreen, yes the cardinals really stand out during the winter and we love having them around. Not only are the males pretty but also the females, although a different color. The tree rats are all over the place.

Thanks Billy.

Status
Not open for further replies.