Looking to go from DuraVent DVL to single wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKenmore

Hearth Supporter
Nov 12, 2006
Hi everyone. I recently replaced my old stove with a Jotul Oslo. Existing was 8 inch class A chimney from ceiling through the roof. The ceiling support holds up the class A section. Extending down from the bottom section of class A pipe is a 8 inch slip connector that is 12 inches long. I want to go to duravent DVL close clearance 6 inch pipe with two 45 degree offsets as the connection on the new Jotul is towards the back. I figured I would get a single wall reducer to go from 8 inch to 6 inch and then bring the new duravent DVL up to that reducer. My big question is, does the duravent DVL easily adapt to the single wall? I assume I will be fastening the inside of the DVL to the reducer. Am I wrong?

Thanks.

BTW-the single wall section will be well beyond the wall clearances per code.

I have a brother that went with a 8" stove collar to a single wall reducer to 6" then then hooked the double wall pipe to it and on up.
Everything fit fine except the reducer into the stove had a bit of a gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.