looking to upgrade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohio woodburner

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2009
NW Ohio
I stopped into my local stove shop today, looking to get a bigger stove. I currently have a VC winter warm insert. My house is a little over 1200 sqf. They have a NC 30 for $899 or a NC 13 for $699. Kinda wondering what everyone with these stove thinks. Just curious if the 13 with be enough to heat the house. I believe it heats up 1800 sqf, or it's supposed too. Seems like the 30 is twice the size. which ever one i get my fireplace opening and raised hearth will except either one.

Sounds like the 30 may be a bit much for your house. From what I've seen here, both are great stoves at garage sale prices brand new. Try playing around Englander prices on the Home Depot website. There are Englander 30's going for $649 if your enter the right zip code. I just saw 13 sitting on the floor at a nearby store for about $530 if I remember correctly. That's shipped to your door prices. Can't beat that. Do a search. There is a recent thread where someone scored a 30 at the 649 price. PM them and see what zip code there used.

For 1200 sqft, the 13 would probably be your best bet if your insulation is up to snuff. Also, Drolet and Timberwolf supposedly sell good stoves at a similar prices point.

Dang sounds like a much better deal than i thought i was getting. Now will they honor those prices at Home Depot?

If the current location for the stove is a good one, meaning the area is able to move warm air throughout the home well enough, I would say the 13 may be ok for you.

Thanks for the replies guys. I hopped on CL to check stoves out and wow they are smoking some good stuff. So with that does anyone know ball park figure what i could ask for my VC winterwarm insert (small) I'm sure that will help offset some, so i might just go with the 30 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.