Loose Duravent Double Wall Adapter to Princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Locust99

May 11, 2017
Upstate, New York
Hello,

I had a blaze king princess installed last year. I just went to clean the chimney today and noticed that the stove to chimney connection is loose. I can literally move the whole thing with my hand. I also took a video from the inside of the stove and can see the adapter move from the stove. What can be done to fix this? Thanks.

IMG_3732.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3733.mov
    2.9 MB
It may not need the adapter. It wasn't needed on our PE stove. The regular DVL pipe sits snugly into the flue collar.

I will have to call the installers and tell them that. Could it not be shoved down far enough onto the stove collar too? I feel like as it is it can definitely leak. When I burned really low I sometimes smelled smoke, I bet it was coming from that connection.

They should know this if they are doing a lot of stoves. There are several posts a year about this issue with several different models of stoves. The DVL adapter is only needed for flue collars with an ID of less than 6". It's 5 5/8" on the stove end.

Your PE32 is a new model. With the new model came that extra tall stove collar. I have the previous model princess and duravent and the adapter is required.

Unfortunately, these diameters are not standardized. Stove and pipe makers do whatever they want and the installer needs to figure it out on site.

It needs to be a tight connection. Both to keep smoke in and to keep room air from leaking in and spoiling the draft.