loose duravent double wall stovetop adapter .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kingbuzzie

Jan 22, 2018
Austin, TX
Hi All,

I could really use a bit of help with a new wood stove (my first) in my new house. I have a double wall stovepipe adapter for the back of my wood cookstove. it isn't quite tight enough to hold in on it's own. It's not loose but not tight enough to stay snug and comes back out. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here? Rig something to push in from wall? High temp sealant? Photo attached.

PXL_20231007_162219233.jpg PXL_20231007_164726984.jpg

With the tee removed, it should be driven in further, then screwed in place with 3 screws, 120º apart. If there are no screw holes in the flue collar, they will need to be drilled first. These holes should be large enough to clear a #8 sheet metal screw. To drive it in better, a short board or 2x4 scrap can be placed over the pipe and then tap the board with a hammer. Then drill small tap holes in the adapter for 1/2" long, #8 sheet metal screws. Screw the adapter in place with the 3 screws. Reconnect the tee and screw that to the adapter in 3 places.

I will do, but I found the issue. the flue does not protrude enough for tight fit. I removed the adapter collar, crimped the tee (after buying the rather pricy tool), and it fits much more snug. I will buy a metal bit to drill the pilot hole for the screws. Thanks so much for the help

Reactions: begreen