Lopi 400 pi HELP!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tgang50

Hearth Supporter
Dec 22, 2008
northwest, usa
i have an older lopi 400 pi insert pellet stove. at the end of the year last winter the fan that blows out heat stopped kicking on. it started by getting really hot and then the fan would shut off until the stove cooled down, i am guessing it is a built in saftey type system. a few weeks later the fan that blows the heat into the room stoped turning on and now that winter will be comming up i would like to get this problem solved. the pellet feeder and exhaust fan work fine. the pellets run and burn fine. just the fan that blows heat into the room from the stove is not kicking on. it normally kicks on like 5 minutes after the stove is started and heats up. now it just doesnt come on at all. i dont know if it is a thermostat or the fan itself or something else. any help would be much appreciated.

i also could use a manual if anyone knows where i can download one from.

Have you tried connecting the fan to 110v directly? This will at least let you know if the fan is any good. You could also call Travis Industries for support and to order a manual if no one has one in digital format for you. Their number is (425) 609-2500.

Good luck

jump the fan's snap switch.. this will tell ya if its the fan or if its the relay.

summit said:
jump the fan's snap switch.. this will tell ya if its the fan or if its the relay.

What does the fans snap switch look like and what does it do? is that basically the thermostat? not sure even what the im looking for? do these stoves use a thermostat? i was just guessing so since the fan does not kick on until the stove has warmed up. i have changed the thermostat in my water heater, am i looking for something that looks similiar or does it look different if the stove even has one? i assume when you say jump you mean just bypass the power past it and run the stove normally not hooking up the 110. what does the snap switch do?

thanks for the help all. when i pulled the stove out there were 4 wires on the back side of the exhaust fan. 2 went to a thermostat and 2 went to something else, possibly another thermostat. i coulndt see because they were on the backside of the motor and i was just tracing wires by feel luckly i screwed up and was tracing the wires on the wrong fan and found that one had disconected itself. i felt around and felt the connection point pluged it in and started the stove. i then relized it was for the wrong fan and thought dough. but for some reason it must be linked to the other fand and it kicked on. happy to have a warm winter lol. also thanks to the forum was going to have a guy come out and was charging minimum 150 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.