Lopi agp issues........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rmxtgh

Dec 12, 2015
Usa
So my agp doesnt want to fire up...igniter is all good.....auger is turning.....but horizontal spin disc doesnt seem to want to turn......any ideas? Simple issue or should i call in a pro?? Stove is about 3-4 years old....

So my agp doesnt want to fire up...igniter is all good.....auger is turning.....but horizontal spin disc doesnt seem to want to turn......any ideas? Simple issue or should i call in a pro?? Stove is about 3-4 years old....

Tried too load a video from my phone but the file was too large.....sounds like the horizontal disc might be stripped.....I can hear what sounds like it should be turning ......but it either barely turns or doesn't turn at all....

Tried too load a video from my phone but the file was too large.....sounds like the horizontal disc might be stripped.....I can hear what sounds like it should be turning ......but it either barely turns or doesn't turn at all....

Attachments

• VID_20181027_153625.mp4
    12 MB · Views: 147
So I know there's a blade or chisel that's on the horizontal disk that is supposed to aid in cutting pellets to fit before they feed. In my model, it's suggested to remove and resharpen it every couple years. Could be the issue, could be dull and bogging down on a pellet unable to break/cut it down to size.

Anybody?? Posted a link to the video.....service tech is scheduled for 11-17......for the low low price of $250 not including parts......

I also have an agp.. the warranty is for 7 years ... get it looked at while at least some of the unit is covered

Reactions: Jhawknseattle