PelPro PP130 Startup Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WRC319

Sep 25, 2023
Worcester
First time starting in 4 months. I have power, blinking lights. The only thing that seems to turn on is the igniter. I have tried turning the dial to a numbered position and I have tried the Hi - Low - High to prime the auger. The exhaust fan and auger will not turn on or spin. It's just a silence and an orange glow. I have cleaned the hopper and check the vacuum tube, no clogs there. I had this problem once last year with just the auger. Took the whole thing apart and nothing worked. Randomly tried it again a couple days later and worked for the rest of the winter. Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix?

Moved to pellet forum

I have a PP130 bit off the top of my head I can't think of what the cause could be. I would probably start with looking at the control knob. Then follow the start up sequence, checking for power to the draft fan an auger. Here is the service manual for the PP130.

Attachments

• PP130ServiceMAnual.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 92
I have a PP130 bit off the top of my head I can't think of what the cause could be. I would probably start with looking at the control knob. Then follow the start up sequence, checking for power to the draft fan an auger. Here is the service manual for the PP130.
I think I solved it. A few months back a telephone pole snapped outside my house which pulled my lines right off the house. This caused a surge which I believe damaged the control board. I have contacted my power company, as it was a rotted pole and their fault. They are replacing the Control board, Dial Control and wiring in between at no cost. That control board costs half the price of the whole stove.

Reactions: Jeremy6500
I think I solved it. A few months back a telephone pole snapped outside my house which pulled my lines right off the house. This caused a surge which I believe damaged the control board. I have contacted my power company, as it was a rotted pole and their fault. They are replacing the Control board, Dial Control and wiring in between at no cost. That control board costs half the price of the whole stove.
Awesome that they are willing to foot the bill for it. Report back if that fixes it.

Man that is unusual, most of the time they deny any liability. A least here they do.

Reactions: Jeremy6500