PelPro PP130 not feeding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DAA414

Nov 4, 2023
Defiance, OH
Went to start the stove this year and it wouldn’t start. Followed all of the troubleshooting steps, replacing the vacuum switch, igniter and feed motor along the way - still won’t work! If I put pellets in the firepot it lights, burns and blows the air out so it has to be the auger or feed motor - we’ve completely disassembled it and replaced the motor. I cannot find another thing to try anywhere, please any ideas would be appreciated.

try jumping the wires to the vac. switch and see if it starts and runs

We tried that I believe - video called it bypassing the hopper switch (in case that’s not what you mean) and the motor still didn’t run. I just made a jumper to plug the motor into the wall, both our old and new motors ran. The new one turned the auger and pellets started dropping. So does this mean it’s the control board?

The hopper switch is not the vacuum switch You said that you replaced the switch
did you remove the vacuum hose and blow through to see if it was clear?
also, check the nipple on the stove (paper clip ) to see if it is clear. Remove and Jump the
2 wires on the vacuum switch and see if the auger will run when you start the stove. Let us know

We replaced the vacuum switch, because we tried the hopper switch bypass and it still didn’t work. We were able to blow through the hose indicating the nipple is clear, but put a paper clip in there anyway. Sadly still no luck and winter is coming fast 🤦‍♀️ I don’t have nor do I know how to properly operate a multimeter, does anyone know of another way to check the control board?

Had to stop because mom broke her hip. Returned home, new control board had arrived - installed very carefully unplugging and immediately plugging into new board. Still no luck! 😡 I’ve ordered a new hopper lid switch because it does appear to be bad (newly multimeter “trained”); however, even bypassing it doesn’t work. I’ve replaced nearly everything and it won’t tell the motor to drop pellets.

Went to start the stove this year and it wouldn’t start. Followed all of the troubleshooting steps, replacing the vacuum switch, igniter and feed motor along the way - still won’t work! If I put pellets in the firepot it lights, burns and blows the air out so it has to be the auger or feed motor - we’ve completely disassembled it and replaced the motor. I cannot find another thing to try anywhere, please any ideas would be appreciated.
Was part of completely , emptying the hopper and removing the shroud screws covering the auger ? We've had a stone/debris that completely stopped the auger , acted intermittently & drove me nuts . Good luck