Lopi Endeavor Repair - Air Control Rod Bushing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange Pekoe

Sep 25, 2012
Oregon
When I open/close the AIR CONTROL on my Lopi Endeavor by pulling on the lower rod, it squeaks and squawks with an awful noise. I suspect that there is a bushing that supports the rod and that it has worn out.

Has anyone ever torn down an Endeavor and repaired this? The spare parts list in the User Manual does not list anything related to the AIR CONTROL rod or bushing. Where can I buy new AIR CONTROL parts?

I want to get the stove all spruced-up before fall hits and the temperature drops.

Mine was a little noise from the day I bought it and till the day I sold it. A member here a couple years back ground/drilled the rivets off(I think 4...2 on the front, 2 underneath if I'm remember it right) and cleaned out some welding splatter that was making the slide for the air control noisy, I've read about others just lubing up the slide with a graphite lubricant and having good luck. I never took mine a part but I don't think there was any type of bushing in the slide mechanism.

I've had good luck with the graphite spray. Spray it into the bottom of the stove where the OAK intake goes.

41-xCYs2B8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks guys! The stove came with the house, and when we first moved in, the slider was quiet but has become noisy over the years. (which is why I thought a bushing had worn out) I'll try the graphite trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.