Lopi Leyden auger dump fills the firebox after adding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
offjack said:
supapally, glad it is running good. These are a nice stove, but the 08 models had a few more issues. I think it was a rush to market stove, with the mad rush for demand.

Curious what the "few" more issues are? I thought the only issue was the flapper? Remove it and problem solved.
Mike -

Oh, let's see. On mine, which I purchased new, in fall of 08, dealer install, I've had to replace the ignitor 3 times, turns out a metal shaving during manufacturing was caught in vacuum tube, giving it a false reading on the ignitor. Button on hopper lid broke, hopper lid was warped, wouldn't set true, made terrible noise when closing, auger was not aligned on motor with set screw properly, and wore a groove in shaft, stove had to be taken to dealer for repair. That last part happened on the first of May. I told them "not to worry, it's May we'll be fine." Coldest May ever, wife was happy. But my dealer has been awsome and Travis has been good also.

Sorry man, sounds like you did have some issues. Glad they took care of you.
Mike -

I was just referring to the auger issues with long pellets. I have cured that, I hope, with a mix of pellet types. I don't much care, just want it to run, run, run.

Status
Not open for further replies.