Lopi Leyden reviews?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yooper

Dec 12, 2006
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
I'm new to the forum, but did some searches on the Leyden and read what has already been posted about early problems, etc. I'm wondering if there are any owners who've been running it for awhile now that can give feedback?

I'm currently running a WonderWood that came with the house, but am planning a remodel that calls for a modern, efficient and pretty stove like I believe the Leyden to be. I'm interested in it because friends love their Lopis, and a local dealer needs floor space and has the black one for $1,500 and the brown one for $1,700, which seem like great prices.

Thanks for your comments.

Come on, you mean nobody has this stove?? Okay, does anybody at least know somebody who has it, maybe??

Fine, I'll give you my review of the stove. I know it won't carry as much weight, since I'm a dealer, but no one else is stepping up here. I installed teh Leyden in my office in August. Didn't get to fire until September. Had some air issues. The company shipped me a brand new stove. I installed that one. It has worked like a dream. Burn times are great. I posted earlier in the year about getting 14 hour burn times off of pine in this beast. That was wrong. I didn't realize my boss was returning after dinner and working on the computer. He was loading it down before he went home so we're actually getting more like 10 hour burns. And by burn time I mean there's enough coals in the thing that I don't have to start from scratch in the morning. I like the top loading feature. I had mentioned that the door hinge bound when I first got the stove, with use the binding has gone. Maybe it had to break in. (I still think they might be able to do something about this). Air controls are simple to operate, airwash works quite well. I get some black build up on the bottom right door other than that it's just the ashy kind of build up. I really thought this stove would be stepping all over the Encores toes (I sell VC as well) but it fits in quite nicely with them since the BTU output it 70k compared to the Encore. If you have more specific questions then post and I'll try ot answer.

Thanks Shane, I appreciate the candor.

1) What is the size of the room you have it in?

2) Would you say it fits between the Encore and the Defiant in terms of heating capacity?

I also sent you a PM prior to your post, so sorry for any duplication.

Status
Not open for further replies.