Lopi Liberty Maintenance and Replacement Parts.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmudda

Burning Hunk
Dec 6, 2009
Western Pennsylvania
Wanted to hear from the members here that have a Lopi Liberty. I have one of these stoves, bought it new in January 1997, and has been a fantastic stove. My home (2400 sq ft) is heated very nicely with it all winter long. I have it in my basement, and it's not hooked into my furnace ductwork or anything, I just rely on the natural process of heat rising! This stove like many others on here goes from November 1st thru about the middle of April 24/7.

I wanted to give you the background because the stove gets run and used, again like many others. Here's my questions to those who have the same stove.

Have you ever had a need to replace the steel supports in the stove chamber that hold up the fire brick?

Have you ever replaced the fire brick within the stove?

Have you ever had to replace the steel damper by-pass plate? This plate is where the by-pass damper slides into that sends the flue gases thru the heating chamber for a secondary burn.

Also, if you have replaced these items, what was the average life span until they needed replaced?

Thanks in advance for your answers......

Craig

You just may have owned a Liberty longer than anybody else on here. They all probably want to ask you those same questions. :cheese:

My Lopi Endeavor is a different model, almost as old and similar construction. I don't burn near as much as you, but I've never replaced anything except the pins that hold the tubes in. I could see having to replace brick eventually, but I can't imagine any of the steel parts you mentioned needing it in under 20 years except maybe the tubes. The angle that holds the baffle bricks probably show wear over time. Are you seeing signs of significant wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.