Lopi Liberty Picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
After starting the fire with some kindling and small splits of Cherry then adding some bigger Cherry splits it's taking off.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0330-1.jpg
    100_0330-1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 972
Wow! I have fire envy. And Lopi envy. Somebody near here is selling a liberty for a good price, but unfortunately I am waiting on an insert. That's a beautiful flame!

tickbitty said:
Wow! I have fire envy. And Lopi envy. Somebody near here is selling a liberty for a good price, but unfortunately I am waiting on an insert. That's a beautiful flame!

Thanks, it's are first year heating with wood so we are learning on the job.

zap

stoveguy2esw said:
nice burn, nice stove. Lopi does make a great product

Mike, it's nice to hear another manufacturer say such a thing. Too often it's easier to trash a competitor's product rather than acknowledge it, so kudos to you for recognizing quality when you see it! Clearly Travis and England's both make a great product. It's nice when two quality manufacturers can admire one another's products and say "good job". Capitalism at one of its finer moments, I believe.

I burned wood with a Lopi Patroit for probably ten years. I pretty much heated my wholehouse with that baby. I picked it up used from an ad in the paper for 300 bucks. It was like brand new at the time, so it was a steal no matter what. Just sold it through Craigs List for 400 bucks, and the people were overjoyed to get it. Could kick myself for not asking for alot more money. The guy actually tried to get me to come down on price because the ad said "or best offer", the American way I guess? I told him I had 3 other people coming to look at it today. He pulled out 4 new 100 dollar bills instantly. Tears.... I actually hated to see it go :long:

A Pellet stove is my new baby :)

Another Liberty burning. Over a good bed of coals from softwoods, I loaded in 5 splits from my precious stash of Oak & Madrone, nearly (but not exactly) N-S. Trying a few things out before our real cold weather comes in Jan/Feb. We're very happy with this stove...I just wish it was an inch or so deeper. Ah well, you can't have everything...where would you put it? %-P Rick

Attachments

• libertyburn.jpg
    libertyburn.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 731
fossil said:
Another Liberty burning. Over a good bed of coals from softwoods, I loaded in 5 splits from my precious stash of Oak & Madrone, nearly (but not exactly) N-S. Trying a few things out before our real cold weather comes in Jan/Feb. We're very happy with this stove...I just wish it was an inch or so deeper. Ah well, you can't have everything...where would you put it? %-P Rick

Fossil I'm cutting my hardwood for next heating season 15 inches so I can load n/s for some longer overnight burns.

zap

zapny said:
...Fossil I'm cutting my hardwood for next heating season 15 inches so I can load n/s for some longer overnight burns.

zap

Yeah, man...looking to the future I think I may do some of the same. Most of my wood's at ~16", and it'll almost fit N-S. Actually, 16" does fit (except right on the floor where the doghouse is), but that puts the ends of the splits too damn close to the window for my liking. When I find a few "shorties" no prob, I can stuff 'em in N-S. Loading just a little bit catawampus works pretty good. We'll see how it goes. In any case, I'm happy with the Liberty, it's a great heater for our house. Burn on, zap. Rick

fossil said:
zapny said:
...Fossil I'm cutting my hardwood for next heating season 15 inches so I can load n/s for some longer overnight burns.

zap

Yeah, man...looking to the future I think I may do some of the same. Most of my wood's at ~16", and it'll almost fit N-S. Actually, 16" does fit (except right on the floor where the doghouse is), but that puts the ends of the splits too damn close to the window for my liking. When I find a few "shorties" no prob, I can stuff 'em in N-S. Loading just a little bit catawampus works pretty good. We'll see how it goes. In any case, I'm happy with the Liberty, it's a great heater for our house. Burn on, zap. Rick

I'm making a cutting rack so I can cut some of this years wood to 15 inches, when I get it together I'll put a picture up

Zap.

fossil said:

Fossil nice looking setup and fire, just another inch!

zap

Pagey said:
stoveguy2esw said:
nice burn, nice stove. Lopi does make a great product

Mike, it's nice to hear another manufacturer say such a thing. Too often it's easier to trash a competitor's product rather than acknowledge it, so kudos to you for recognizing quality when you see it! Clearly Travis and England's both make a great product. It's nice when two quality manufacturers can admire one another's products and say "good job". Capitalism at one of its finer moments, I believe.

Now that I have my Lopi I have had to force that Englander I bought ought of my head. If I didn't have a flush hearth, it would have been perfect (and I still think it might have worked fine flat on the floor just like the Lopi that cost 5 times what that (used) Englander cost) Wish they made a little bigger insert in their current line. love the new Lopi but you could tell Englander makes a great product and their customer service really just can't be beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.