lopi lx sn#wh 21361

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caddo

Hearth Supporter
Oct 7, 2010
n.e.oklahoma
i am looking at a lopi model lx that is used.my question is even though the stove is actually a fireplace insert,can it be used as a free standing stove??also,live in a mobile home and don't know if it is rated for that type of dwelling.thanks in advance.

I think if it's in good shape those were pretty good stoves, with some of the technology of the later stoves, (though they are not EPA certified, I don't think.)
I have no idea if they are rated for a mobile home... I would guess maybe not, though?
There's a thread on here
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/41365/
where someone installed an even older Lopi insert as a freestanding shop stove, so it can be done, but in his case he actually made a serious masonry base, you would need to be sure that your Lopi was sitting on something that would make it equal to what legs on a hearth pad would be!

Status
Not open for further replies.