Lopi Pellet Stove Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dddd3333

Sep 18, 2009
Northeast

Just fired up my Lopi pellet insert, for first time this year! Blower motor goes on igniter gets hot,auger turns . Then Blower motor turn off !
This happens in about 10-15 seconds!
The igniter stays on and auger runs at set rate! Jumped out Flowswitch,hopper switch, same results! Can anyone help me?
I hope it's not the Circuit board!!

Blow through the the vacuum hose that hooks onto stove. Check for a clogged screen on cap. Have you cleaned out the back chamber. Or take a leaf blower put in suction mode go to outside vent and stick it on the vent and let it rip. If all that fails ask again.

its a snap switch problem... does it shut down prematurely?

Doesn't the snap switch ,shut it down when it gets to hot? It doesn't even get a chance to get hot! I start it up, fan goes on then it shuts down immediatly!
Everything is clean! I jumped out flow snap switch,for that reason!

dddd3333 said:
Doesn't the snap switch ,shut it down when it gets to hot? It doesn't even get a chance to get hot! I start it up, fan goes on then it shuts down immediatly!
Everything is clean! I jumped out flow snap switch,for that reason!

dddd3333, if you want to PM me your email address, I have a "Pellet Stove Trouble Shooting Guide" from Travis Industries that I can send you. It has all sorts of scenarios....might help you narrrow the problem down.....it's about 100 pages, so hopefully it covers most any kind of issue.....let me know.

No fault codes. It's 5 years old ! have a analog control board! I tried just about everything! looks like controlboard!
If I jump out the system snap switch, it acts like it's been running . Both blowers on, auger running at set rate! No ignition! If I start the pellets burning manually! It looks like it will run that way!
But I'll have no safety! Does anyone know where I can get a controlboard for Lopi pioneer bay stove? Besides my dealer!

dddd3333 said:
......Does anyone know where I can get a controlboard for Lopi pioneer bay stove? Besides my dealer!

Hopefully the troubleshooting guide I sent you helps. As for finding a control board, short of finding one by dumb luck on Craig's list, or eBay, the only place to get them (as far as I know), is from your local dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.