Lopi Walden? Does anybody know when it will be available?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyline

Burning Hunk
Oct 29, 2009
Oregon
I read in some posts back in May about the Lopi Walden. There was even a picture and some specs.
It is listed as approved in some EPA testing info, but my Lopi dealers have never heard of it.
I'm looking at the Declaration but it will be tight and the Walden might have some advantages.

Can anybody shed some light on when, what the differences, pluses and minuses are etc?

Thanks,

They have insulated themselves from any phone calls as far as I can tell. No numbers anywhere. It looks like they want everyone to go through their local dealer, the ones in my area have never heard of it.

From a recall notice on Travis' site: Travis Customer Service at (800) 654-1177

From the Google Maps link

Travis Industries
4800 Harbour Pointe Blvd SW
Mukilteo, WA 98275
425-609-2500

Thanks,

I was at least able to speak to a human and then leave a voice message.
Since I'm not a dealer, we'll see if they call me back.

Pagey,

Thanks again, the salesperson from Travis Ind. called me back and said they decided not to go forward with the Walden. It wont' be happening in at least the next 12 months.
They may have incorporated some of the proposed changes into the current Declaration but she didn't know which. They did not make any dimensional changes.

Now to go forward the the Declaration.

skyline said:
Pagey,

Thanks again, the salesperson from Travis Ind. called me back and said they decided not to go forward with the Walden. It wont' be happening in at least the next 12 months.
They may have incorporated some of the proposed changes into the current Declaration but she didn't know which. They did not make any dimensional changes.

Now to go forward the the Declaration.

Same story i got, with the exception of possible casting cost

Status
Not open for further replies.