Lots of black fluffy ash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhen

Oct 8, 2011
Oley, pa
I've been burning Timber Heat pellets for about 2-3 weeks. Did the leaf blower trick the same day I got these pellets. I've been getting lots of black, fluffy ash. Is this the nature of these pellets or do I need to make some sort of adjustment? I never had ash like this before. Thanx

Never burned those pellets, but I get similar ash from Power House. Probably just the nature of the pellets.

I've been burning Timber Heat pellets for about 2-3 weeks. Did the leaf blower trick the same day I got these pellets. I've been getting lots of black, fluffy ash. Is this the nature of these pellets or do I need to make some sort of adjustment? I never had ash like this before. Thanx

I picked up 5 bags at Lowes this past Saturday I see the same fluffy ash your getting. Other than that they seem to be okay compared to other brands I've bought at Lowes.

Status
Not open for further replies.