Lots of Smoke on Startup...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pearlset79

Nov 19, 2008
Plattsburgh, NY
hello all....hope your summers are going well....i know this place is pretty quiet this time of year, but i have a questions about my pb105 that i have had for just short of a year. i am currently burning pellets for my DHW as the system I have of foinf through a bad a night. Since the fire is going out and staying cold for some time due to the lack of a heat call, when the boiler does ignite it kicks out quite a bit of smoke. i am talking about at least 10 seconds worth, now it could be this bad all the time, and i have simply never watched it that closely. once the fire is going, the smoke completely stops.

is this normal?? i believe i keep my boiler excessively clean, but could something need to be cleaned again?? this board has always been extremely helpful so i look forward to any responses......

have a harman pb105 pellet boiler.....

Status
Not open for further replies.