Lots of square feet to heat... new question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
There's no other place a stove would go? I wouldn't think a stove in front of that fireplace would look all that good either especially with a stove pipe going up then into the wall. Pretty well kills the look of what's there - which looks pretty good.
Agreed, and a different location had crossed my mind. Might not be too big a deal if the stove only required ember protection for the floor.
The chimney is located in the living room, of course, which is smack dap in center of house.
You would want a central location unless you ran two stoves. That's a whole 'nother kettle of fish, and quite a commitment to wood-burning.
Maybe an Ideal Steel though with a flipped flue collar? Give Woodstock a call with your measurements and ask for Lorin if she's available.
Yep, that might get pretty close. Me, I gotta have the grated ash pan, or I'm out. ==c Here's a thread: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/ideal-steel-may-not-fit-help.153380/

Grate for some but I have never liked them. ;) Might be the wood I am burning which is fairly low ash.

Reactions: Woody Stover