Love the smell of Black Locust in the morning!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Picked my favorite burn pile this morning. Wish I had a bigger saw for the bigger trunks.

Attachments

• Locust root.jpg
    Locust root.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: jaychino415
I enjoy the smell of freshly split logs as they are getting stacked. My wife has caught me a few times 'sniffing' splits ;)

Reactions: n3pro and webby3650
Yep I get the are you nuts look when I get caught smelling red oak or fresh ash.

I love the smell of red oak just split on a cool fall morning. I've gotten that look when I smell it too!

My favorite is the smell of White Oak rounds that have just been split, but have been sitting around for a couple of years, aging. Can't wait to cut up that White Oak log next door that has been down for 5+ years but suspended off the ground; That is going to have a heavenly fragrance... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.