Loved the cleanup of an EPA stove chimney!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpAmSoNiTe

Mar 22, 2014
Jefferson, OH
Wow! Gotta say I loved cleaning my stainless straight up chimney and the 30NC compared to the old concrete block/tile and smoke dragon! I went from literally around a gallon or so of horrible,chunky glaze to about a cup and a half of powdery/flakey stuff. and I cheated and cleaned from the inside-up this year [emoji14] .

Before:
2cd2d75222802ef13d3def8ddcdab663.jpg

After:
7cf0c3483a1d4f70214e11115419a45c.jpg

Reactions: Swedishchef
Looks like polybrush tracks to me...
Yep. Roof was a little damp so I took my DVL pipe from inside off and poked a hole in a trash bag for the rods to slip through..

Looks like you're burning properly! COngrats!

And most of all, I am glad you "see the light" ;) New EPA stoves are lightyears ahead of smoke dragons in terms of efficiency and creosote formation (if burned properly)

Andrew

Looks like you're burning properly! COngrats!

And most of all, I am glad you "see the light" ;) New EPA stoves are lightyears ahead of smoke dragons in terms of efficiency and creosote formation (if burned properly)

Andrew
Indeed.. so glad I got rid of the old 'dragon.. so nice to come home from an 11 hour day(including drive time) and still have plenth of coals for a good restart

Reactions: Swedishchef
Status
Not open for further replies.