Loving this Fireview

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub381

Minister of Fire
Feb 4, 2011
Mid-coast Maine
I sure like this cat stove.Not quite (set it and forget it) but darned close.Also don't have to work hard for the 12 hr burn i got fond of.Just a few shoulder burns lately though.Cat's doing fine after 1st cleaning and learning this simple cat cleaning thing.Life is good with 2 yrs of wood drying and the 2 cord of last yrs wood sure is dry.Wood piles are covered for the yr.been in the 40's here some nights and in the 30's 1 night.That creosote on the chimney cap from the stove that was too big is gone and boy do i sleep better.No more flaming creosote balls dripping on the roof.Thank you Woodstock.We appreciate the stove.

The Fireview is a great stove, glad you're liking it. That honey glow brown is a cool looking color.

Reactions: Lakeside
There was a really clean looking Fireview in craiglist yesterday up on the PA MD border for $500. Too far and I knew it would be gone. Sure enough I started typing a post to put a pic of it here and when I went to copy the pic the ad was already gone.

Somebody knew their stuff for sure.Too bad it hadn't been closer for ya.

It is amazing to even find one of these used for sale. Most folks love them. I think perhaps it is people who buy a house and the stove is there but they know nothing about it. Danged things last a long, long time as do most stoves so long as they are burned and maintained right.

There is a Keystone available in Allentown right now for $750 is anyone needs one.
http://allentown.craigslist.org/hsh/3295082155.html

5G45W15K23If3J53H7c9pb5b3ac75cb91192a.jpg

There was a really clean looking Fireview in craiglist yesterday up on the PA MD border for $500. Too far and I knew it would be gone. Sure enough I started typing a post to put a pic of it here and when I went to copy the pic the ad was already gone.

Wonder if BBar got it?

Man
I sure like this cat stove.Not quite (set it and forget it) but darned close.Also don't have to work hard for the 12 hr burn i got fond of.Just a few shoulder burns lately though.Cat's doing fine after 1st cleaning and learning this simple cat cleaning thing.Life is good with 2 yrs of wood drying and the 2 cord of last yrs wood sure is dry.Wood piles are covered for the yr.been in the 40's here some nights and in the 30's 1 night.That creosote on the chimney cap from the stove that was too big is gone and boy do i sleep better.No more flaming creosote balls dripping on the roof.Thank you Woodstock.We appreciate the stove.
How do we know you REALLY lit the stove if we don't have any pictures to prove it?? ==c

I sure like this cat stove.Not quite (set it and forget it) but darned close.Also don't have to work hard for the 12 hr burn i got fond of.Just a few shoulder burns lately though.Cat's doing fine after 1st cleaning and learning this simple cat cleaning thing.Life is good with 2 yrs of wood drying and the 2 cord of last yrs wood sure is dry.
Glad you're happy with your decision to get the Fireview; I remember that you deliberated for a while. There seem to be a lot of satisfied owners, and I'm sure one of them. :) Their reputation for good customer service is comforting as well. Don't know if you've looked at the replacement parts list but the prices are very low, another plus.
I've only lit up once so far, four small Cherry splits the other night. Finally, I lit a "take the chill off" fire that was small enough not to roast us out. ;lol
Sounds like we have similar wood supplies; The stuff I'll be burning this year has got at least two summers' drying, Cherry, Ash, Black Oak and BL. Several additional years are split and stacked. Can't wait to see this stove kick butt on the good, dry wood...if we actually get some cold days this winter. :confused:
Isn't that a Palladian? Nice looking stove.
Yeah, looks like it's been gone over, new gaskets and such. No pics of the inside of the stove, but the two thermos on it would seem to indicate that someone was keeping an eye on it while it was burning...if the guy selling it was burning it originally. Contrary to the claim in the CL post, it appears to be a pre-1990 model 102 with the air control in the door. Can't quite read the year on the tag...198x. Apparently, the first year for a combustor in this stove was 1985. The website indicates the cat was optional at some point. No ash pan on this model.

No i didn't look at the price on parts but it sure is a huge plus.I tried this 1 this spring but we'll try her out on a good cold day soon.I have maple,birch and a little spruce which will be good shoulder burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.