Low cost seedlings for Greene Co., OH.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundchasm

Minister of Fire
Sep 27, 2011
Dayton, OH
www.soundchasm.com
That's pretty cool, I would not mind planting in different locations and watching them grow over the years.

Reactions: Soundchasm
I usually get most of my seedlings from a seedling program here in Ky.. They have a wide variety of mostly native species.
This year, I ordered Wild Flowering Dogwood and Sassafras, but they were out of the Dogwood.
I see that the site you posted has the Dogwoods. They're half the price I pay, so that's great, I may have to grab some.
Thanks.

I usually get most of my seedlings from a seedling program here in Ky.. They have a wide variety of mostly native species.
This year, I ordered Wild Flowering Dogwood and Sassafras, but they were out of the Dogwood.
I see that the site you posted has the Dogwoods. They're half the price I pay, so that's great, I may have to grab some.
Thanks.

If you need a Dayton address for their stop, let me know! ;)

Sully, it is pretty fun to watch such slow progress. I went through some digital photos of my ten years here at this address, and although we lost a lot of trees, there is one red oak we planted ten years ago and it is really starting to take off and is beautiful. I planted six during the drought and they all made it so far. I hope I've done the next generation right.

Oh, they don't ship them. I didn't notice that part, just looked at the prices. Still a good deal.

Planting and growing trees can be very rewarding, but It didn't take long for me to find out about all the challenges from bacteria, fungus and critters of all sizes.
This year, I had to wrap all of the small trees and seedlings with bird netting to keep the deer from eating them and keep a light on during rutting season to keep the bucks from scraping the pines.

Reactions: Soundchasm
Status
Not open for further replies.