LOW COST WIRELESS SENSOR LINK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barkeatr

Jan 22, 2011
Upstate NY
for starters, monitoring in and out temperature of my outdoor wood gasser. that would be the in and out temperature right before it goes into Hx on house side of things. Ive been using the maverick grill temperature wireless set up but it keeps going bad on me. Mainly im concerned with return temperatures..but I just like to keep an eye on the boilers temperature without going out there. My mechanical room is a difficlut to get to quickly. I can get more sensors to go on the boiler but its kind of moot, the incoming temperture really tells me the boilers status. I may purchase one later to watch the water level on the boiler. one of the sensors detects water or lack of water, i think i might be able to stick it down the fill nozzle on my profab and it can tell me if the water is dropping. good insurance for 50 some bucks. I need to pout one on my outdoor meat freezer also...these affordable sensors are a geeks delight.

THE ONE i purchased works from 40 c to 125 C which is 257F...

I see the one in the link i sent only goes to 185...i ended up getting the slightly more expensive one that uses double A batteries..and it has higher range. Although 185 would be fine for me also. the maverick unit you listed is the same comany of the one im using now and Im on my second one and its failing me..

anyway..best of luck.

I wouldn't need them for my wood boiler, but they would come in handy for another application. So at least for me, please keep us updated about them. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.