Lower auger motor loose Englander 25pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosytatupu

Hearth Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Vermont
After one month of ownership, bottom auger stopped working...took back plate off stove and found motor for bottom auger loose and able to move around while top motor seems tight. Seems to be getting power, any suggestions...I am new at this pellet stove stuff as I am sure you can tell

I stole this info off the Enlander website....
Lower auger not turning. If the lower auger is not turning the following should be checked; 1. Is the auger physically jammed? Foreign objects such as wood chips or other objects that may have somehow gotten into the pellets. 2. Is the motor getting power? If the motor is getting power it will get fairly hot quickly. If the motor is getting power but is not running and the auger is not jammed, the motor is bad. If the motor is not getting power, either the motor's wires or the control board are bad. Another possibility is if the electric motor is running but the auger is not turning, this could be a loose setscrew holding the motor to the auger, or a stripped gear in the gearbox. A stripped gear would mean the auger motor must be replaced.

I'm betting it's a loose setscrew. Check that first and if that's not the problem you might want to check out the websites troubleshooting section under support. http://www.englanderstoves.com/support.html

Status
Not open for further replies.