Lowes and the Post Office Moving Packet...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DobieMom

Nov 28, 2010
Eastern Shore of MD
Looks like the Lowes has changed up the coupon in the moving packets :( Went and picked up 3 packets and the coupon in there now is for $25.00 off a purchase of $250.00 or more...DRAT!

If you need the 10% coupon, look on Ebay. I know the sellers get them for free, but it's the easiest way to get them. Probably cheaper than paying for gas to drive to the PO. My local PO's don't have the packets on the counters anymore. Just make sure the ones on Ebay have a long expiration date.

buy 2 tons ?

Eddie-b ... I don't buy on Ebay anymore... no PayPal account ;)

Chris I'm having trouble now trying to figure out where to store ONE ton Also I'd lose a savings of $12.40 on a second ton so not as good a deal :lol:

187 x 2 = 374 - 25 = 349
374 less 10% = 336.60

DobieMom said:
Eddie-b ... I don't buy on Ebay anymore... no PayPal account ;)

Chris I'm having trouble now trying to figure out where to store ONE ton Also I'd lose a savings of $12.40 on a second ton so not as good a deal :lol:

187 x 2 = 374 - 25 = 349
374 less 10% = 336.60

Dems da breaks kid !

HAd the wifey stop and grab a movers pack. Same here, No 10% coupon. Just the $25 of a $250 perchase. Bummer! Hopefully they done raise the pallet price before I get my next ton. :gulp:

Lowes near me is still selling them for $5.98/bag (if they have them). They do give a discount for a ton but at close to $300/ton I have looked elsewhere and Menards carries the somersets and just picked up 4 ton for $178.50/ton and an 11% rebate so actually got them for $158.87/ton.

Sometimes it pays to look elsewhere.

We don't have Menards in my neck of the woods. I stopped by HD on my way home from work and grabbed 12 bags of Stove Chow..same price by the bag versus by the ton and I'm short on storage space anyway...unless I want to haul the bags about 100 feet from the shed to the house...NOT! I have a coat closet now full of 40 pound bags of pellets :lol:

DobieMom said:
.....I have a coat closet now full of 40 pound bags of pellets :lol:

I forsee a new member of the pellet pigs very soon...... :lol:

Buy 67 bags 3.74 x 67 = 250.58 less $25 coupon = 225.58 = 9.98% savings. Then do it over again and again til you have a pig pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.