lowes early buy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
was at lowes in w.bridgewater and they were promoting their early buy on Greene Team pellets and they have plenty of them already in stock
1 ton @ 275-save 25
2 ton @275 per-save 50
3 ton-save 75
4 ton-save 150
5 ton-save 200
found lg's for $230 a ton picked up.i never tried them before.yey or ney

corkman said:
was at lowes in w.bridgewater and they were promoting their early buy on Greene Team pellets and they have plenty of them already in stock
1 ton @ 275-save 25
2 ton @275 per-save 50
3 ton-save 75
4 ton-save 150
5 ton-save 200

So, does this mean 5 ton - save 200 = $75/ton??? This new math confuses me.

corkman said:
1 ton @ 275-save 25
2 ton @275 per-save 50
3 ton-save 75
4 ton-save 150
5 ton-save 200

I will give them a yea! They generally are a well above average softwood pellet! Nice heat and pretty clean burning too!

hossthehermit said:
corkman said:
1 ton @ 275-save 25
2 ton @275 per-save 50
3 ton-save 75
4 ton-save 150
5 ton-save 200

So, does this mean 5 ton - save 200 = $75/ton??? This new math confuses me.

I also was confused on this math in the store. When I asked about it the guy was confused so he got the department head.
Normal Price $300 per ton
Spring Buy 1 $275 per ton so you save $25
2 ton would cost $550 so you save $50 on the order of two and so on until 4 tons
4 ton would cost $1050 saving $150 off a 4 ton order @$300 per ton

This is a very confusing way of listing the price I don't know why they don't say "x amount per ton".

Bottom line here is that even if you buy the max of 5 tons, you still are paying $260/ton .....that's no bargain. "Early buy", yes.....bargain, no.

Yea they are a joke this year....

They will be hanging on to those pellets for a while. I like green teams but at that price I can get premiums delivered...

imacman said:
Bottom line here is that even if you buy the max of 5 tons, you still are paying $260/ton .....that's no bargain. "Early buy", yes.....bargain, no.

I saw this last month and come to think of it they looked like last years pellets too. Way too much dust sitting on the bags. This was the Plattsburgh NY store. Fact is it is a rip off any way you look at it. You can pick up pellets most anywhere around here in Rockeaterville for 220 to 230 and less if you hunt around. Lowes Sucks and I will take Sams Club anytime. In all the years I have yet to see our local Lowes selling pellets for a decent price.

Panhandler said:
I just bought Greene Gold at $188 per ton.

Hopefully, you've put this info into the "Fuel Price Report" tab at the top of the page for all your W.Va. pelletheads to see.....that's a good price for the Greene Gold pellets.

No, I haven't,. but thanks for reminding me, I will do that. By the way, it is West Virginia. Some don't know it, but we are a different state.

Panhandler said:
......By the way, it is West Virginia. Some don't know it, but we are a different state.

OOOOPS....sorry. :shut: I edited my post.

Just bought 5 ton of green team for 825. Thats 165 a ton. They had a sale. 4.59 a bag from 5.99. Then if you bought 5 tons you get 200 off then. Before the 200 off I used a 10% discount coupon. They charged 75 for delivery and brought them that night.

deadeye316 said:
Just bought 5 ton of green team for 825. Thats 165 a ton. They had a sale. 4.59 a bag from 5.99. Then if you bought 5 tons you get 200 off then. Before the 200 off I used a 10% discount coupon. They charged 75 for delivery and brought them that night.

$165/ton is unheard of in our region! You did pretty darned good with that purchase! NICE!!! :)

deadeye316 said:

oink oink! SQUEEEEEEEL, snarf, oink oink oink!!!!!

Lowes is a joke...I was there a few weeks back and they had pellets. The guy was shocked that down the road they were selling pellets for 169 a ton. Lowes at the time wanted close to 300.

NorthernQuad said:
Lowes is a joke...I was there a few weeks back and they had pellets. The guy was shocked that down the road they were selling pellets for 169 a ton. Lowes at the time wanted close to 300.

Lowes doesn't get the early buy like the pellet house's. Nor does HD. TSC for the first year actually has an OK deal. They usually start very high and drop when the season is at full swing. Mostly because they need to move them. Then when there supply is real low they again jack up the price.

Last year my local lowes had Green Team and Pres to Logs for $300/ton. HD was getting $289 for Firesides and TSC was getting $289 for Instant Heat. Right down the road was a True Value getting $250/ton for Lignetics. Across town the pellet dealer had Barefoots and Turmans for $240/ton. What gets me is they were actually selling pellets at all 3 bigbox stores, Even though there were other places selling much cheaaper with better quality pellets. I just scratched my head on this one!

This is what I have notice in my area, Other area's may differ. Just my observation's locally.

Lowes in Bethlehem, PA has Treecycle pellets for $5.97 a bag......I want some of what they are smoking because it must be some good sheeeeeet!

The good news: Stopped by the Lowe's near me in Newburgh, NY and I finally saw pellets stacked outside under the front roof (Green Team).

The bad news: the price is $5.97/bag

They are having the "early season special":

1 ton - save 25 = $273.50/ton
2 ton - save 50 = "
3 ton - save 75 = "
4 ton - save 150 = $261/ton
5 ton - save 200 + $258.50/ton

smwilliamson said:
Guy up the street from me has Spruce Pointe for $289.00 a skid, that's 4.81 a bag. I burned 6 bags this weekend and had about 1/8 of a cup of ash...AWESOME! $30 delivery with 2 tons 40 miles around rehoboth MA or free delivery in town. Price is in the fuel report.

Your math is a little off at $289 a ton which is 50 bags =$5.78 a bag not $4.81

And did you say you burned 6 bags in a weekend? That sounds like a lot! And why would you burn them in the heat of August? Something smells fishy here.

On a lighter note I too bought some spruce pointe pellets and oakies. I cant wait to try them this WINTER.

woodknack said:
smwilliamson said:
Guy up the street from me has Spruce Pointe for $289.00 a skid, that's 4.81 a bag. I burned 6 bags this weekend and had about 1/8 of a cup of ash...AWESOME! $30 delivery with 2 tons 40 miles around rehoboth MA or free delivery in town. Price is in the fuel report.

Your math is a little off at $289 a ton which is 50 bags =$5.78 a bag not $4.81

And did you say you burned 6 bags in a weekend? That sounds like a lot! And why would you burn them in the heat of August? Something smells fishy here.

On a lighter note I too bought some spruce pointe pellets and oakies. I cant wait to try them this WINTER.

Not if there are 60 bags on a skid, which there are, c'mon get with the program :cheese:

I was at a fair displaying a stove burning on high for 4 days. Yes, my tent was the hottest, but after you left the tent, the outside air felt air conditioned.

I also burn during the summer months. I like to pull a bag here and there to do a test burn and see if the pellets we sell meet standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.