Lowes has started putting hearth stuff on clearance!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Hearth Supporter
It looked like only fireplace grates and such are on at this time but the other stuff may follow quickly.

Matt

EatenByLimestone said:
It looked like only fireplace grates and such are on at this time but the other stuff may follow quickly.

Matt

Good to know. I need a pair of stove gloves. Got a hole in one of them.

Is this online or just in the stores? Because in the Lowes near me, they got NOTHIN! Home Depot got Nothin too!
I got a little metal garbage can with a lid for an ash can, and some welding gloves. But not a thing left in their hearth sections except for fake logs.

I think it's a store by store thing here.

Last year the stoves didn't go on sale but kero heaters did. The 2 years before stoves were clearanced 50%.

Matt

they are 25%off in western pa right now ,soon i n another week or so it will be 50% like last year hopefully
i got an englander nc13 epa stove for 299$ at lowes last year around this time.you gotta go to lowes cause home depot stuff never goes on sale

my home depot moved the stoves to the back today and no discount

Home Chepot - Canada will not deal on anything. At best if it's broken, out of package, old stock, etc. they may offer 10% if you ask for it. they have pretty much driven out the local (small) hardware dealers and now hire jr high drop outs to read the directions on the package to you when you ask for assistance. But thier commercials on TV still talk about their "great service". I now go out of my way to avoid the orange clown box and wall (lets beat that Indonesian kid that can't make 10 pairs of shoes an hour) mart. Do your research kids! As my province and country profits off the oil sands wastefulness. :red:

'berta

The Lowe's on Sheila Lane here in Richmond, VA, had clearance prices in their stove section yesterday (didn't notice if everything was on sale, but give them a call...the guy working in the department knew his merchandise). I got the hearth pad (they call it stove board) I've been looking for for $43, instead of $57 normal price. See my posting for newbies in the "Gear" section of this site for the full story.

BrowningBAR said:
EatenByLimestone said:

Matt

Hey there... Just received a pair of stove gloves from Harbor Freight for about $10 bucks including shipping. They're very good. I've had my hand in many fiery stoves since I've gotten them, (to load splits of course) and they've held up immaculately! They may get a little warm in the hottest of fires, but only for a second, and no catching fire, as of yet.

Here's the link...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?function=Search

The Lowes here has all of the stove/hearth stuff on sale. They had 4 NC-30's marked down to $948. Home Depot had them for $799 right before Christmas and they were back to full price last week when I was there. Hopefully they will get back down there this summer.

Rumor has it HD will have the Husky 5K generator clearanced for $299 Monday. They sold off their Generac GP5500's for $299 last week, which upsets me greatly since I've been watching it for a month and they're all over Craigslist now for double the money. I'm not sure if I'm jealous or if I really have a problem with everyone trying to make a buck on stuff like this.

S

thinkxingu said:
Rumor has it HD will have the Husky 5K generator clearanced for $299 Monday. They sold off their Generac GP5500's for $299 last week, which upsets me greatly since I've been watching it for a month and they're all over Craigslist now for double the money. I'm not sure if I'm jealous or if I really have a problem with everyone trying to make a buck on stuff like this.

S

Hate me all ya want to but every year I buy the left over pellet vent stuff at 25% while everybody is looking for lawn mowers and then sell the stuff the next time everybody is scared to death that the oil companies are going to drive them to the poor house.

If people don't want to plan ahead, I will do it for them. :coolsmirk:

Bart,
I suppose I wouldn't mind people buying 'odds and ends', but there are a lot of people who could benefit from owning a generator around here, especially after last year's ice storm, but who will not because of gouging.
And besides, this isn't bad planning--the people just happened to be there at the right time and some bought 6-10 at a time and are now selling them close to retail on Craigslist.

S

’bert said:
Home Chepot - Canada will not deal on anything. At best if it's broken, out of package, old stock, etc. they may offer 10% if you ask for it. they have pretty much driven out the local (small) hardware dealers and now hire jr high drop outs to read the directions on the package to you when you ask for assistance. But thier commercials on TV still talk about their "great service". I now go out of my way to avoid the orange clown box and wall (lets beat that Indonesian kid that can't make 10 pairs of shoes an hour) mart. Do your research kids! As my province and country profits off the oil sands wastefulness. :red:

'berta
You hit that nail right on the head bert :exclaim:

Just got 799.00 NC-13 for 599.00 blower 125.00 burning already working great. Anyone in Michigan need 1 year old NC-30? for 550.00

25% off but no NC-30s left

BrowningBAR said:

Stop in your local welding store. Mine has great quality insulated long welding gloves for 7 bucks. I bought the blue Radnors....easy to find among the wood stack.

RD

Bought my stove from lowes for $799 they went on sale the next day. They credited it. It was only $679 now!

The ones by me suck bad ! No pipe, no pipe brackets/braces, nada..... HD same thing ! Then I ask for a fan and I'm told fans are seasonal :(

Erie, PA Lowes
NC-13 $677
No more NC-30's at the west location, peach st. location unsure
blower for the 12 or 13 $129 I'm waiting to see if this goes down more not sure if I need it but for $75 I'll bite
Firewood caddy $29

Pilgrim_LMG_28-10_grate_sp20.jpg

Couple of years ago they had these reduced to $7...we got 2 for outside summer campfires. Real nice flames when you elevate the splits so air can get under them.

ash bucket said:
Do they ever put their splitters on sale?

Picking up a troy-bilt 27 ton tomorrow. They said no chance of a price lowering...

’bert said:

'berta

I don't get too wound up about Home Depot or Lowes . . . but I do quite a bit of shopping at the local True Value . . . it's closer, has most of what I need, I know the folks, they let me run a tab and best of all when I bought a splitter they actually had the best price . . . I had to wait a few days for it to be delivered from the warehouse, but it was worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.