Lowes Rochester NH 299/ton ?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbreda

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
Lakes Region, NH
I dont know what they are thinking, but Lowes in Rochester NH just went from 269 to 299/ton. At the same time they brought back the $25-$200 discount that varies by ton. :ahhh:

I counted over 150 ton outside in the garden area and another 20 ton on the sidewalk in front of the store.

HD is less than a mile away and they DROPPED from 269 to 249 as their base price.

"Earth to Lowes store manager: I think you are out of radio contact with us" Good luck with that !!!!! :lol:

Once the weather starts to get cold, You always see a price increase.

I also see it at the pellet house's. Right about the 1st of December.

Why? Cause they can. :-S

And just think of the $25-200 that the buyer will save by buying it at the higher price ;-)

It's true that they can, but HHO is still low and they have so many on hand. Maybe they will sell them at that price, maybe not. It's not like they had anything special as far as brands. Pres To Logs, Renewable, Curran and a few others that I cannot remember.

Our local Lowes still has the for $249/ton until the end of Nov. Bet they do the same. But they still have them coming out there ears.

I think that's because the HHO price is still low. Why burn pellets when you have a cheaper option and its easier too!

$269 and a sliding scale discount at the Lowes just down the road, the promo ends the end of this month (well, until the next one that is).

Home Depot just a smidge further is at the same price, as is the Aubuchon between those two. It is $280 at the True Value a few miles in the other direction.

It is also $269 at one of the local feed stores.

There are 100's of tons within a few miles of the ole homestead here.

Ooops, double post.

gbreda said:
I dont know what they are thinking, but Lowes in Rochester NH just went from 269 to 299/ton. At the same time they brought back the $25-$200 discount that varies by ton. :ahhh:

I counted over 150 ton outside in the garden area and another 20 ton on the sidewalk in front of the store.

HD is less than a mile away and they DROPPED from 269 to 249 as their base price.

"Earth to Lowes store manager: I think you are out of radio contact with us" Good luck with that !!!!! :lol:

Same at Lowes in Epping.

Dougsey said:
gbreda said:

Same at Lowes in Epping.

Same thing at Lowe's in South Nashua.

For $299 you can get the far superior Spruce Pointe pellets delivered from Middleton's. Or even less for the Okies at BJ's. GreatWorks Biofuel out of South Bewick has Okes for $295/ton . I guess some people will go to Lowes for convience or just don't know any better.

joefraser said:
I guess some people will go to Lowes for convience or just don't know any better.

Most people dont get the info that is out here. If I hadn't found this forum, a pellet would be a pellet to me too. At least for the first few years as I scratch my head about why my stove does not work properly. Or even worse, not even realize that it isn't working properly.

The knowledge is there, you just need to look a little to find it.

By the way, I called Great Works a month ago and they did not have Okies at the time.

Also did not know Middletons has Spruce Point. I may stop by and grab a few bags to try. Thanks for the tip........

gbreda said:
joefraser said:
I guess some people will go to Lowes for convience or just don't know any better.

Most people dont get the info that is out here. If I hadn't found this forum, a pellet would be a pellet to me too. At least for the first few years as I scratch my head about why my stove does not work properly. Or even worse, not even realize that it isn't working properly.

The knowledge is there, you just need to look a little to find it.

By the way, I called Great Works a month ago and they did not have Okies at the time.

Also did not know Middletons has Spruce Point. I may stop by and grab a few bags to try. Thanks for the tip........

Middleton's in Hampton has the Spruce Point. I didn't see at another location although they said they'd deliver it if I wanted it. I bought 3 bags to try out. It was pretty funny. I am loading the 3 bags in my car and an employee came out the back door at the same time and he says the good pellets are over there. I said what are they? He couldn't remember the name but said they're in a green bag. I went back the other day to see what they were and they are New England Pellets.
I've heard mostly good things about New England but nobody has claimed they are a super premium pellet. If they knew what they were selling they'd sell more of the Spruce Point. Instead they're telling people the New England Pellets are superiour.

Just came from Lowes in N Dartmouth Ma samething $5.98 a bag, $300 a ton. I did notice they had Marth hardwood pellets. Anybody ever try them? I run a quad castile. THANKS

was in PA for thanksgiving, local hardware store had pennington for $259/ton or 5.99 a bag, to bad so far from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.