lowes tile guard one step spray sealer for grout, is it safe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greythorn3

Minister of Fire
Oct 8, 2007
Alaska
wheelordie.com
well i got my hearth done and wanted to seal the grout, anyone used this spray sealer? i know it has flamable propellants in it but is itself unsafe to use on the hearth after its cured? anyone have experience with this type of sealer lowes sells i bought some but not sure if i should use it.

dont want no flaming hearth.

Attachments

• spraygroutsealer.jpg
    spraygroutsealer.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,738
I've only used wipe on silicone sealer which is quite safe. Not sure, but I suspect that it would be ok. Usually the volatiles evaporate off quickly. Spray a tile and put in on your trash burner :).

hahaha!!! well i dont know about that. i think i would need to spray the grout as it penetrates it! maybe i should just go back and get the regular kind. maybe it is just the propellants tho that are flamable since its in a spray can. i would think if it bursts into flames it wouldnt stay on the grout to protect it.

but what do i know, i wanna be safe thats why i asked.

A week? Won't summer be over in AK by then? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.