Lowest Price on Pellets is NOW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevekng said:
I can get Corinth pellets for $269 delivered.

I live in Western New England. I can get Pennington pellets at Walmart for 300 a ton right now. My local stove guy still can't get the Lignetics and I'm a little skeptical that he won't get them. Should I wait on the Walmart brand? 300 a ton is no bargin but I hear prices won't be going down, unless oil stays down and people burn oil instead of pellets. I burned 3 tons of Lignetics in the 2008-09 season and a few bags of this and that ,didn't seem to have any problems with any of the pellets. I have a St. Croix Prescott stove, new to this pellet stuff but love it, never had a clinker with anythig that I have burned. I wish I could get pellets that cheap around here never even seen cornith pellets. I paid inAugust of 08 288 to 340 a ton for my lignetics. Pellets are kind of scarce out here.

SAWDUST SWEAT & TEARS said:
Do you know for sure that NG will be the same price next year as it is now?

No, but I bet it will track close to or cheaper than pellets in most locales in the east.
Moreover, I don't know if my pellet stove will go on the fritz and need $500 worth of work either.

Not much we do know about the future, but over the past 10 years gas has been more than competitive with pellets. No real reason why that should or would change soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.