Lux Thermostat with Pellet Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ylomnstr

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
May 28, 2008
Staatsburg, NY
I just got one of these for Christmas and from my understanding I can hook it up to my pellet stove? Currently, I have a Skytech thermostat that is hooked up to the pellet stove using only 2 wires. What 2 wires do I need to connect from the new Lux thermostat to the stove so I can control it wirelessly? Thanks and Merry Christmas.

it will use the same wires your skytech does. it is just replacing the skytech. the lux manual will tell how to connect it up

Last edited:
I have the Lux Geo stat controlling my Enviro Mini. I installed it several years ago so my memory may not be exactly correct. Don't know which Lux stat you have, but if you have this same unit, unless you are using battery power to light up your stat, you will need more than 2 wires connecting your stat to your stove. I vaguely recall needing a white wire for the 24 volts, maybe even a 4th wire too for power. I installed a 24 volt transformer at the stove for this purpose. If you also control cooling functions then even more wires are needed. To me, the best feature of this setup is the remote monitoring/adjusting of the temp settings in the room the stove is installed at.

ok...I just popped the Lux off the wall. I connected 3 wires. BLUE is common, RED is 24vac from the transformer, WHITE is the switched output controlling the relay at the stove. This relay then controls (switches) my stove to run either HI/LOW or ON/OFF. I installed the whole kit and kaboodle all at the same time.

My stove only has 2 wires in the back for the t-stat. Red and Black. I think I just need to run the W and RH from the new Lux to the lux controller, and then those 2 wires to the stove? I'm not sure. I just need the stove to be able to receive the call for heat or not. The stove does the rest.

My stove only has 2 wires in the back for the t-stat. Red and Black. I think I just need to run the W and RH from the new Lux to the lux controller, and then those 2 wires to the stove? I'm not sure. I just need the stove to be able to receive the call for heat or not. The stove does the rest.
My my Vernon is two wires. I connected them to the RH and W. Works fine. You’ll need batteries for thermostat or run a 24 v wire from another source.

My lux uses the RH and WH, but yours may be slightly different since it has wireless capabilities (mine is just digital, manual control with battery).

Just put one on our Avalon. Went with the battery option and just used 2 wires from the stove.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’ll be using the battery option too. So I don't need to use the white power bridge that came with the lux?I think that's what was confusing me.

Mine has a jumper between RH and RC. I think it has to do with the swing or tells it that it is hooked to a single-stage appliance?

Awesome thanks guys. I'll try it tonight and see how it goes. Already got the thermostat hooked up to my wifi, alexa and google.

Reactions: bogieb