M-Flex Liners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
From National chimney supply, anyone ever used them or can tell me anything about them?

Contact Magnaflex here on the forum, he'll take care of you.

Is M-Flex his liner or are you giving me another liner option?

M-flex is a quality liner. National sells to a lot of chimney pros.

Gotcha, I'm not doing the install, this is the liner a company is using, I just wanted to make sure it had an "ok" reputation.

BrotherBart said:
M-flex is a quality liner. National sells to a lot of chimney pros.

Exactly what I'm looking for, thanks! I'll take it as the gospel coming from BB. :)

National Chimney supplies sells alot to sweeps in and around his 4-6 state area whereas MagnaFlex is a manufacturer that sells to large distributors throughout the USA and CAN.... Both my liners and MFlex liners are quality liners.. Mflex liners are .006 and only 316L whereas MagnaFlex liners are .005 and 316TI... We prefer the .005 because it makes the pipe more flexible and easier to install. Some will say that the .006 is better because its stronger but those who use .005 actually pay more for the steel because it has to be re rolled thinner then .006. If you have anymore questions feel free to get ahold of me.

Best regards,

MagnaFlex said:
National Chimney supplies sells alot to sweeps in and around his 4-6 state area whereas MagnaFlex is a manufacturer that sells to large distributors throughout the USA and CAN.... Both my liners and MFlex liners are quality liners.. Mflex liners are .006 and only 316L whereas MagnaFlex liners are .005 and 316TI... We prefer the .005 because it makes the pipe more flexible and easier to install. Some will say that the .006 is better because its stronger but those who use .005 actually pay more for the steel because it has to be re rolled thinner then .006. If you have anymore questions feel free to get ahold of me.

Best regards,

Thanks for the info, I was actually planning on using your liner if I did it myself but my roof pitch just sucks! :) I have a 4 month old and my wife would be very upset with me if I took a tumble and hurt myself right now. lol It's getting later in the season and I just don't feel like messing with it. Attached is a picture of the chimney from when I was painting last year.

Attachments

• P9040094.JPG
    P9040094.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 199
Status
Not open for further replies.