m55 efficiency level

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdubs20

Nov 2, 2014
Northern NY
Is it just me or did enviro raise the effeceintcy level from 76 to 83 just a few weeks ago. Did they put out a new model for the m55 cast?

No change that I'm aware of....

Is it just me or did enviro raise the effeceintcy level from 76 to 83 just a few weeks ago. Did they put out a new model for the m55 cast?

Rdubs,
Yes, the efficiency was 76.6%. I have an M55 and the brochure states just that. They changed the specs.
John

Rdubs,
Yes, the efficiency was 76.6%. I have an M55 and the brochure states just that. They changed the specs.
John

I have to amend my comment. I can speak for the steel FS, not the cast. Yes, they changed the specs for the steel FS.

Did the gov. change the test on all pellet stoves then? Or did enviro do it to make theirs look better? So that would make it quite a bit more btu's then they thought

Status
Not open for further replies.