M55 T-Stat Location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2012
Long Island, NY
Could somebody tell me the location of the wires to hook the thermostat up to. The dealer I purchased the stove from apparently has no idea because they keep telling me they'll call me back and never do. They also said the thermostat hookup wasn't included in the installation. :coolgrin: If I'm right it's under the cover in front of the pellet bin.

The T-Stat hook up is on the main board behind the control panel. Do you have the manual ?
There is a jumper already installed between the 2 spots for the T-Stat that has to be removed
for the stat to work, with the jumper in it stays in manual mode.

The manuel shows the TStat but no location. There is a set of jumper wires under the panel I referred to but nothing in the manual about them. Was just hoping that it would be easier to hook it up than taking the panels off.

I don't have the cast so I don't know exactly how to get to yours
but when I received mine the jumper was 2 longer wires with spade
connector's on the end that were plugged together, That was the jumper
all I did was cut the spades off and splice the two T-Stat wires to them
once I figured out where they connected on the board.

Page 9 in the technical manual shows the location of the connection block on the back side of the controller.

Don't have the cast have the FS. I have the wires with the spade connectors located where I said, under the lid, but do I still have to get into the back panel to remove the little blue cover on the jumper there? I'm burning pellets like crazy and need to slow it down a little. Otherwise I wouldn't care. Plus I spent a nice chunk of change on the T-Stat, it's a Skytech remote and I'm dying to try it out.

peppermint pattie said:
Don't have the cast have the FS. I have the wires with the spade connectors located where I said, under the lid, but do I still have to get into the back panel to remove the little blue cover on the jumper there? I'm burning pellets like crazy and need to slow it down a little. Otherwise I wouldn't care. Plus I spent a nice chunk of change on the T-Stat, it's a Skytech remote and I'm dying to try it out.

"If I’m right it’s under the cover in front of the pellet bin." This sounds like you are referencing the High Limit switch in front of the stove, on top. Not sure though.

But the T-stat connection is on the right side, behind the control panel, towards the corner edge. Hard to see and hook up, if you ask me.

peppermint pattie said:

The diagram on page 9 is of the controller even if your version of the stove has another location it will have wires that go to the controller.

The link referenced is also to a FS stove and has a picture of the back side of the controller showing the location of the thermostat connection block with its jumper installed.

I've checked out the diagram and was trying to find the location. Talk about a crappy tech manual. Thought that's where it was but was kinda hoping it wasn't. It does look like a night mare to hookup in the winter so I think I'll wait till the warm weather comes and take a shot at it then. I should make the dealer/installer come back and do it. It'd serve them right.Thanks Guys, I really appreciate the help.

OK now I'm confused if you have the M-55FS it looks like my avatar
If it does then it is only 4 T-20 torque screws and the control panel
is in your hand. 1 for the side plate and 3 for the control panel. The
T-Stat hook up if the board is in your hand is the blue 2 place screw
block at the lower left, there should be some form of jumper between
them (whether it is a small one or 2 longer wires with spades on them) if
it is a small one just remove it and place your 2 T-Stat wires in them.
If you are using the SKYTECH the lines coming off the receiver box
are long enough to be attached to the board and still be able to set it
on the floor behind the stove away from the heat.

peppermint pattie said:

Sorry about not answering your original question as it seems that most on here are pointing to the correct location. My question to you is why are you burning pellets like crazy? I opted not to hook up a thermostat for my M-55 and simply run in manual mode and adjust the heat level setting based on the temperature in the room. When I'm not home, setting on 1, when I'm sleeping, setting on 1 or 2, depending on outside temperature. If I am home I adjust to make it comfortable.

I understand the desire to have a thermostat and all, just wondering why you need to burn pellets like crazy without one.

Please be sure to unplug the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.