Machine Harvested Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, technically, there are capacitors and whatnot in electronics that store energy. The draining electricity is usually in the form of LEDs and internal clocks and all that jazz. I can't say whether waiting 10-20 seconds is necessary at all.
Yes, I'm aware of the reality, but the tech on the other end usually is not. I like to play with them. It's similar to the "smoke theory" of electricity.
http://thecompassadjuster.com/education/resources/smoke-theory-of-electricity.html

Oh this guy doesn't believe in green wood. He is 80 yrs old, still burning wood cut from his 300 acres.
He is 5 yrs ahead on his wood supply, as he has been all of his life. He was harvesting 4 acres blueberries with his son yesterday when I dropped in to see them. He said when things cool down he's heading back into the woods for a couple more loads for Maple.

If he's 80 years old and still doing all that, we should all do exactly what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.