Made a HUGE mistake yesterday.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WoodpileOCD said:
We should all have wives with a 'voice of reason' like that.

You don't really neeeeeed it

You don't really neeeeeed it.

;-)

There: hows that for a voice of reason.

Thanks for the attempt but its starting to seem that you are outnumbered :cheese:
Haha

certified106 said:
Lucky for me there is no way I can make it back down there before next saturday so I have a full week to agonize and research. I have always been a cat stove typde of guy so this would be a huge change for me which is kind of scary. one of the main reasons I went down there was to look at the vc 2 in1 but they sold it a couple of days before however they are getting a new one in three weeks that they said I can see. The other thing they said which I agree with is that I would really need the T6 due to the square footage I am heating and they have a floor model T6 which they have burnt in that they will sell in may for 600 off list price. Does anyone have experience with the EBT technology on the T6?

Thanks for all the help pushing me towards a new stove hahaha
Brotherbart do you think the vc would mak a good smoker haha

BeGreen owns a T6. He'll chime in at some point.

certified106 said:
WoodpileOCD said:
We should all have wives with a 'voice of reason' like that.

You don't really neeeeeed it

;-)

There: hows that for a voice of reason.

Thanks for the attempt but its starting to seem that you are outnumbered :cheese:
Haha

I have the large version of your stove and it's much older and still puts out lots of heat to this day.. Your advantage is yours is newer and parts are easy to get if it ever needs them.. While I agree that the stove you looked at is a good stove and made to last and protects it's softer parts your stove has very little in the way of soft parts.. Some day I will replace this stove and the newer Dutchwest will be a serious contender especially if I can find a used one in good shape for a good price.. I also like the soapstones but I really am a big fan of convection heat and they do not make a convection soapstone.. One thing I want/need to do is rebuild my hearth and I hope VCBurner/Chris will lend his expertise.. To me I need to justify that sort of expense and in your situation I would have a hard time with that.. With my stove some crucial parts such as the inner top are not available so that fact weighs heavily with me as I do heat 24/7 with this stove.. I check Craigslist all the time and just missed out on 2461 that needed a repair but sounded fixable for $300.00.. Just not meant to be I suppose... Good luck with your decision!

Ray

I went by the stove store yesterday, just to pick up a few things. While I was there, I cruised the stove, and saw that one sitting on the floor. It's an eye-popper!

If you'd really wanted to kick the habit, you'd have gone to thermostat.com. I've recently come to the conclusion that just *one* more stove wouldn't be overdoing things. Or two. Or more.

Shawn, hmm? Why do you think they call them `dealers'?

Next week load it in that Jeep. You'll probably still have embers in it when you get it home.

Congrats on your purchase. ;) Waiting to see the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.