Made alittle toy today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butcher

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2011
N. central Ia.
A post here about splittin kindlin got me to thinkin. Now, I always make sure I have enough kindlin to last at least 1 year and use my 22 ton husky to split it but sometimes it would be nice to have something I can use in the hooch and not have track outside or risk loosin a finger with a hatchet so I kicked around my scrap metal pile and slaped this together in about 5 minutes. Give it a wack with a 3 pounder and it works pretty slick.
KSplitter.jpg

Reactions: Bret Hart
would be nice if you could find a big old spring and mount it under the bracket, parallel with the shaft there, so when you strike the wedge it splits the wood and then springs right back up so you can it another one

I like this idea, :) I've got some rebar, a old wedge, a stump, conduit (but don't know if that would work), hummmm... almost all the parts needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.